M O N T R E A L - Q U E B E C - C A N A D A

16.7.07

"I’m just happy I stuck it out"

Nissan UCI World Cup MTB XC #5 – Report
Absalon and Kalentyeva Score Again
by Sandra Walter from Pedal Magazin

original text

[...] Kiara Bisaro (Can) Opus also had a below par race, evidently not having recovered from a dramatic crash at the start of the previous weekend’s race in Mont-Sainte-Anne. She revealed she had been feeling “spaced out” and unwell all week due to the concussion and other injuries incurred from the impact. “I’m just happy I stuck it out,” she said of her race in St-Felicien, where she placed 22nd. Sandra Walter (Can) X.O-Felt Women’s MTB Team was the second-best Canadian finisher with a 21st-place ride. “I’m pretty happy with it,” she said of her career best World Cup placing, “but I was really aiming for top 20,” which she missed by 30 seconds. Mical Dyck (Can) Trek-Terrascape was 26th and Amanda Sin (Can) 3 Rox Racing-Scott finished 35th. [...]

photo : JC Desforges

Other texts from Sandra Walter:
Nissan UCI MTB World Cup XC #5 – Preview
Canadian MTB Riders on the Road - A Night Out in Champery

No comments: